State Education Resources
02/13/2012 Published by: Suzanne
Here’s a scenario . . . you live in California and have a Gifted & Talented (G & T) student. Soon you’ll be moving to Virginia and you’d like to find out about that state’s G & T policies. Questions you have might include: “Will my child be able to continue in a G & T program in their new school?”, “Will my child have to be tested again in order to participate in his or her new school’s G & T program?”, “Does my child’s new school even have a G & T program?” This is when SchoolQuest.org’s™ “State Education Resources” (SER) page comes in handy!
What Is the “State Education Resources” Page?
- A compilation of resources for all 50 states, Washington D.C. and Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) schools
- Includes information about state school requirements, state education resources and special topics
- Allows research to be done by state, or by resource category across all states
- Useful not only for parents who are preparing for a permanent change of station (PCS) move, but also for educators and support personnel who are looking for a place to compare policies, programs, requirements and resources state to state.
- One of SchoolQuest.org’s™ most popular educational resource tools!
How Do I Use It?
Continuing with the scenario from above, you begin by simply clicking on the SER link at the top of the SchoolQuest™ home page. Then you click on the state of Virginia to see a drop down menu listing resource categories for that state. From there, you click on the “Gifted & Talented” link to bring up Virginia’s state-specific resources on that subject. Now you can research to your heart’s content!
If, instead, you were curious about G & T policies throughout the states, you would click on the “Categories across all states” link at the bottom right corner of the SER home page. Then you would select “Gifted & Talented” from the drop down menu to see a list of resources for all states.
What If I Still Have Questions?
If, after diving in on your own, you still can’t find what you’re looking for, take advantage of our “Send Aunt Peggie Your Question” link at the bottom of the SER home page. As a former military-connected child with 34 years of experience in school administration and classroom settings, Peggie is the Military Child Education Coalition’s (MCEC)® resident expert researcher, and a trusted resource for military families and educators around the world.
Go ahead! Click on and explore SchoolQuest’s™ SER page . . . yet another resource brought to you by the Military Child Education Coalition® . . . “for the sake of the child.”Share This Page
Leave a Comment
- Moving to a New School
- Your Child's Ages & Stages
- Student 2 Student Programs Worldwide
- Transition to College
- Special Topics
- Extra Resource Documents
- Why Sponsor S2S?
- Revealing the Secrets of Successful Military Parents
- Instant Friends – Is it Possible?
College Prep Toolbox
Find out what the GI Bill can do for you
Free ACT/SAT prep
Free SAT Prep
SAT/ACT prep free for military families
Helping high school students with both high school and college prep materials.
Plan for your bright future using the information and resources found here.
Research the best options for you