An initiative of Military Child Education Coalition ®
Easing School Transitions for Military Families
Share This Page

In-State Tuition

02/18/2011 Published by: Suzanne

Login to Save Favorites

Categories: Moving to a New School, Student 2 Student Programs Worldwide, Transition to College, Special Topics

Military-affiliated students often end up changing schools during their high school years due to a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move of their sponsor.  How, then, can they qualify for in-state tuition when applying for colleges?  Look no further than our™ Library for great information on identifying schools that allow dependents of active duty service members to qualify for these lower rates.  Have you found getting in-state rates to be a challenge, or relatively easy?  Tell us your story . . . we'd love to hear from you!

Share This Page

Leave a Comment

Special Topics

Have some questions about homework help, school choices or unique student circumstances?  We'd like to try to help you find the answers.

Visit our Special Topics

College Prep Toolbox


GI Bill Comparison Tool

Find out what the GI Bill can do for you

ACT/SAT Prep by Number2

Free ACT/SAT prep

SAT Prep by the Khan Academy

Free SAT Prep


SAT/ACT prep free for military families

March 2 Success

Helping high school students with both high school and college prep materials.

College Options Services

Plan for your bright future using the information and resources found here.

myCollege Options

Research the best options for you

Register for the SAT

Register for the ACT


Ask Aunt Peggie

Ask Aunt Peggie your educational questions about military-connected students.