“Got Your Six” Update
12/04/2013 Published by: Suzanne
Some of you may have read our October, 1 2012 blog entry I’ve “Got Your 6”. Launched back in May of 2012, the “Got Your Six” campaign is a national publicity effort aimed at raising our country’s awareness of service members and their families as they transition out of active duty service and into civilian life.
Over 1,000,000 veterans will return to our communities in the next 3 to 5 years . . . ready to “serve” in a new way . . . as leaders, team-builders and problem solvers. Supporting them as they seek to continue their service at home will be a huge opportunity/resource for our country.
Since the campaign began, progress has been made in the six pillar areas of reintegration:
- Jobs – 236,000 veterans have been hired
- Education – 140-plus colleges and universities have pledged their support
- Health – 12,500 students have been trained in the mental health field, and 6,500 mental health providers have provided 82,100-plus hours of free mental health care
- Housing – 19,912 have been housed
- Family – 10,000 reintegration toolkits have been received by families, and 67,718 teachers have received reintegration training
- Leadership – 1,500,000 hours of volunteer service have been completed in communities across the nation
SchoolQuest.org’s™ “parent” organization, the Military Child Education Coalition® (MCEC®), is a non-profit partner supporting the “Family Pillar” with a goal of providing reintegration tools and training to 300,000 military families and 100,000 primary and secondary school educators by December 2014.
Visit the Got Your Six web site to learn more about this effort!
**Help us get the word out about SchoolQuest.org™ by liking us on Facebook! SchoolQuest.org™ is an initiative of the Military Child Education Coalition® (MCEC®). Follow us on the MCEC® Twitter feed . . . for the sake of the child!Share This Page
Leave a Comment
- Moving to a New School
- Your Child's Ages & Stages
- Student 2 Student Programs Worldwide
- Transition to College
- Special Topics
- Extra Resource Documents
- Why Sponsor S2S?
- Revealing the Secrets of Successful Military Parents
- Instant Friends – Is it Possible?
College Prep Toolbox
Find out what the GI Bill can do for you
Free ACT/SAT prep
Free SAT Prep
SAT/ACT prep free for military families
Helping high school students with both high school and college prep materials.
Plan for your bright future using the information and resources found here.
Research the best options for you