Back to School 101 . . . Brought to you by Child Mind
09/19/2013 Published by: Suzanne
All families with school-aged children go through a period of adjustment when a new school year begins, but those families with special needs students face challenges particular to their circumstances and educational needs. That’s where the folks at the Child Mind Institute® come in. They have put together an extensive list of information and resources in their “Back to School Guide” for the families of Special Needs children getting back into a school routine. Here is a list of the many subjects covered in their guide:
Parenting Areas Addressed Include:
- Back to School Dos and Don’ts
- Extracurriculars Without Extra Stress
- Strategies to Make Homework Go More Smoothly
- Helping Challenged Kids Go Back to School
- Kids Who Need a Little Help to Make Friends
Working with the School:
- Building Your Education Team
- Understanding Special Education Laws
- Making the Most of Your IEP Meeting
- Being an Effective Advocate for Your Child
- How to Work with Your School District to Get the Services Your Child Needs
- Improving School Safety and Ensuring Student Wellness
- Helping Kids Who Struggle with Executive Functions
- Help for Kids Struggling with Learning
- What is a SEIT?
- Off to a Good Start in High School
- Top 10 Things to Look for in a School for a Special Needs Child
- Tips for Changing Schools
- 10 Tips for Going to College with ADHD
- ADHD and College: Advice for Parents
- Going to College with Autism
- Helping Your Kids Get a Good Start in College
- What Does Your College-Age Child Need from You?
“Resources for parents looking to help kids get off to the best possible start and bolster their success, academically and socially” … check it out and enjoy a great new school year!
**Help us get the word out about SchoolQuest.org™ by liking us on Facebook! SchoolQuest.org™ is an initiative of the Military Child Education Coalition® (MCEC®). Follow us on the MCEC® Twitter feed . . . for the sake of the child!Share This Page
Leave a Comment
- Moving to a New School
- Your Child's Ages & Stages
- Student 2 Student Programs Worldwide
- Transition to College
- Special Topics
- Extra Resource Documents
- Why Sponsor S2S?
- Revealing the Secrets of Successful Military Parents
- Instant Friends – Is it Possible?
College Prep Toolbox
Find out what the GI Bill can do for you
Free ACT/SAT prep
Free SAT Prep
SAT/ACT prep free for military families
Helping high school students with both high school and college prep materials.
Plan for your bright future using the information and resources found here.
Research the best options for you