01/06/2015 Published by: Amy Soupene
The National Youth Science Camp (NYSC), funded by the National Youth Science Foundation, is now accepting applications from graduating seniors. The NYSC is a premier residential science education program. Students are chosen from around the country and participate in a curriculum that is academically challenging with lectures and hands-on studies.
Two delegates are chosen from each state. Delegates must demonstrate academic achievement, leadership in both school and the community as well as a genuine interest in the sciences. As in previous years, delegates attend the camp at no cost to themselves, even transportation is included! This allows any selectee to attend without facing financial hardship.
According to National Youth Science Foundation the goals of the camp are:
- Inspire life-long engagement and ethical leadership in STEM and related fields.
- Bridge the gap between the tradition school curriculum and careers in STEM and related professions.
- Develop a robust network among delegates, members of the program staff and STEM professionals reinforced through community and shared experiences.
- Develop an increased awareness and understanding of current education, research and career opportunities in STEM and related professions and their interdisciplinary connections.
- Create a safe environment for expanding comfort zones through outdoor adventure activities including backpacking, mountain biking, spelunking and rock climbing.
Interested? Check out the National Youth Science Camp website for more information and answers to any questions you may have. Application deadline is March 1, 2015.
**Help us get the word out about SchoolQuest™ by liking us on Facebook! SchoolQuest™ is an initiative of the Military Child Education Coalition® (MCEC®). Follow us on the MCEC® Twitter feed . . . for the sake of the child!Share This Page
Leave a Comment
- Moving to a New School
- Your Child's Ages & Stages
- Student 2 Student Programs Worldwide
- Transition to College
- Special Topics
- Extra Resource Documents
- Why Sponsor S2S?
- Revealing the Secrets of Successful Military Parents
- Instant Friends – Is it Possible?
College Prep Toolbox
Find out what the GI Bill can do for you
Free ACT/SAT prep
Free SAT Prep
SAT/ACT prep free for military families
Helping high school students with both high school and college prep materials.
Plan for your bright future using the information and resources found here.
Research the best options for you